New to the site? Check out the introduction here.
Wondering why there are no lyrics? Click here.
Which CQ piece was performed first? Click here.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

6/3/08 Second Psalm - 9th OT

First, I fixed the stems on the verses of the first psalm for this week.  They are now no longer there :)

Second, today's piece sets one of my all-time favorite psalms.  I'm not even sure why, really.  It may be the sense of comfort knowing that we are members of a kingdom watched over by a God whose presence alone causes the very land to tremble.  In any case, the more of these two-part pieces I write, the more I hear them with two solo cantors, as opposed to a two-part choir.  I know I said either was possible on Sunday, but I've changed my mind.  They should be performed as a duet if at all possible.

Non nobis,
Adam

No comments: