New to the site? Check out the introduction here.
Wondering why there are no lyrics? Click here.
Which CQ piece was performed first? Click here.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

5/25/08 Versicles - Corpus Christi

I ran into a problem today, and I had a big decision to make.  For moveable feasts that are transferred to the nearest Sunday, which do I do: the feast, or the Sunday?  Take today, for instance.  If I did Corpus Christi, my work couldn't be performed on the Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time.  But if I did the Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time, there would be no proper performance for Corpus Christi every year.  In the end, I decided to do both.  It will mean more work for me, but in the end I think it will improve the result.  This way, the work really will be able to be performed every Sunday of the year.  The versicles for the Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time will be up later tonight.

Non nobis,
Adam



No comments: